The following documentation show how the Surge Buster® drop-in baffle system has truly been put through its paces and how remarkably it has performed!
Interested in how Surge Busters® stack up against the competition? Take a look at this comparison chart to see how sometimes less is more.
Liquid Surge Product Comparison
(Left to Right)
per 1000 gallons
|1. Surge Busters – General||Virgin Polypropylene||N||Y||32*||8 gallons||67|
|2. Surge Busters – Petroleum||Nylon||Y||Y||32*||8 gallons||67|
|3. Baffle Balls||Regrind Polyethylene||N||N||100||24 gallons||100|
|4. Liquid Surge Stabilizers||Regrind Polyethylene||N||N||74||15 gallons||190|
*Units per gallon is based on size and shape of tank and weight per gallon of liquid and ranges from 24 to 32.
Notes on products 3 and 4
- Require that 100% of the tank be filled versus less than 30% for Surge Busters.
- Require that 3x as many units have to be assembled at significant labor cost.
- Require an extra person go inside the tank to position the units (at extra cost). Entering the tank may not even be possible.
- Since the tank is filled 100%, it is impossible to enter the tank. Surge Busters can be shoved aside for tank inspection.
- Are made from inferior, reprocessed ingredients and manufacturing process. Rough edges irritate hands during assembly.
- After extensive testing, only Surge Busters are permitted for use in fire fighting equipment by the federal government.